- A dry, mild winter (November - February)
- A pleasant spring (March-April)
- A dry summer that can be very hot (May-early June)
- A hot wet monsoon season (late June - early September)
- A cooling, pleasant fall (late September - early November)
Each of these seasons have their charms. The monsoon often brings spectacular desert downpours and lightning shows as storms move north into the area from México's Sierra Nevada mountain range. The spring and fall are quite pleasant, although the spring brings a dazzling array of wildflowers. The cacti and succulents, with their fantastically colored flowers, tend to bloom in the hot summer months after the wildflowers have run their course. And the "winter" is a relative term, especially if you are from the northern US or Europe. There is a lot to be said for cold desert nights, soaking in a steaming mineral bath, with the milky way arcing across the sky.